Wednesday, May 12, 2010

With Intention

Lots of books I've read in the last year or so have to do with living or even rather being in the moment and living with intention - in one way or another. Babies and small children help you do that no doubt, but your personal time is fleeting and needs to be carved out of a busy schedule.

I've always been a list maker and relished in the satisfaction of crossing something off once completed. This strategy has become even more necessary as the coordination of the lives of four people is now my charge. Several years ago Paul discovered an online tool for tracking lists called Ta-Da. It's a nice, clean basic web site to create lists, share them with others (great for families/couples), and watch your satisfaction grow as time marches forward.

I've begun preparing a list of my intentions for this summer to hopefully, get more accomplished, feel more satisfaction that my days were not just busy, but filled with things that may nurture me or my family, not just chores or to-dos. That's no way to spend 10 weeks off! Some of the things on the list I have include 1 maybe 2 half-marathons, camping trip(s), sewing, painting our bathrooms, trying some new recipes, reading some books I've been longing to get to, hiking, seeing some live music and volunteering. Ambitious I know, but I will be more likely to engage in many of those ideas rather than float from one day to the next in pajamas.

Summer is a time for school teachers' rejuvenation. No matter what anyone says, I've always felt I would take the time off for personal renewal and growth over the money, if ever it were a choice.

By the way, it snowed again last night. It is May 12th right?

No comments:

Post a Comment