Friday, June 26, 2009

But I Can't Have The Baby Yet

Contractions. I started having them yesterday as I walked over to meet Paul for lunch at the office with Jackie in the stroller. By 6pm they were 15 minutes apart. Ugh. I thought, "I can't have the baby yet, there are so many things going on this weekend that I want to do!" And yet I also thought, I could have this baby TONIGHT. WOW. Dot video called for awhile. She suggested if that happened we named the baby "Michael" for Michael Jackson. Don't think that is going to happen. After a long, rough night of sleep I made it to morning. Today I find that with the slightest bit of exertion, the contractions start up again. In the meantime, J contracted Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. I told you it's never dull around our house. She seemed a bit off on Wednesday when she was at home with me, but I just figured it was her molars that are coming in or that she was just tired from a hard day of playing at daycare the day before. However, by nighttime she had the distinct rash on her hands, feet, and butt that present with this virus. At the moment Paul is in one piece, but give it a few days, I'm sure something will happen before I go to the hospital. I told him to hold it together because I'm pretty much going to be worthless as a wife in July (sleep deprivation, recovery from c-section, breast feeding - woohoo here we come!)

So what's in store for this weekend? Tonight our friend David from Denver is coming up for the weekend to get in some cycling with Paul. We are fortunate to have free babysitting for the evening to allow us to get out and have an adult meal too. Tomorrow, shopping at the Farmer's Market, a 3 year-old birthday party while the guys are out riding, a nap, and a free concert at Howelson Hill tomorrow night -headliners Rusted Root. I imagine it's going to look something like this and I want to be there

Sunday hopefully a nice big breakfast cooked by my sweet Paul. They will ride again. J and I will nap again. Then BBQ with friends for dinner. You see why I don't want to have this baby yet? These are nice, wholesome summer activities I want to be apart of.

Well, I now have approximately one hour to whip out a birthday gift (skirt I'm sewing for the birthday girl) before I need to pick up J at day care and get out of this moo-moo of a night gown I've been in this afternoon. Oh, the pressure. I better get on with my day.

Thinking of Yvette too. She should be in Croatia by now, celebrating her birthday. More on that in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment