Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Not Intended for Sleepwear


So I jumped into learning to sew this last year. My friend Roxanne calls me "Suzy Homemaker" - which I am so not. But, I am enjoying goofing around with it and making small things. :) I got the main idea from this tutorial. I made J some monkey pants a few weeks back that she really likes. I also made them in blue for her baby boyfriend Gavin. I had to laugh though because while shopping for the material, there were all these warnings on the bolt of fabric saying not intended for sleepwear. Well, what I can ask is pink flannel with monkeys printed on it intended for? My only guess is lounging. J takes well to that task too. She's her momma's girl.

Shortly after that photo was taken I emerged from the shower only to discover the two-year old version of myself! Glasses, skirt, and all. Can you say little librarian?
I'm keeping it light, and brief today, so to stick with our theme of undergarments how many of you remember Underoos? You know you're a child of the 80s when you have the fondest memories of these.
And a little bit of history to boot - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underoos

I had no idea how many styles there were!

2 comments:

  1. I had Wonder Woman... but no way! Monchhichis underoos? I never ever saw those at the store.

    Librarian toddler is too adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to clarify, were underoos intended as underwear or sleepwear? I never really could figure that out. I asked Paul if he remembered them and he lit up and responded "I loved those!" It was universal hit for boys and girls I think. :)

    ReplyDelete