Grandpa Ray, Daddy Paul, and Elliot Share a BeerI had David Morrison in mind when I thought of writing about this...Now that I'm not cooking a baby in my belly, I'm looking forward to partaking in a few beverages on these hot summer days. I happen to be watching
Everyday Italian with Giada this morning while feeding Elliot and she made this refreshing looking summer drink using limoncello. She used store bought limoncello and mixed in 1 cup of Pellegrino, fresh mint, and fresh blueberries. It looked REALLY good! I'm going to give it a try later this week. Here is Giada's recipe for homemade limoncello. Does this qualify as cooking?
Limoncello
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Level: Easy
- Serves:
- 7 cups
10 lemons
1 (750-ml) bottle vodka
3 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 cups sugar
Using a vegetable peeler, remove the peel from the lemons in long strips
(reserve the lemons for another use). Using a small sharp knife, trim away the white pith
from the lemon peels; discard the pith. Place the lemon peels in a 2-quart pitcher. Pour
the vodka over the peels and cover with plastic wrap. Steep the lemon peels in the vodka
for 4 days at room temperature.
Stir the water and sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves,
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network G.P., All Rights Reserved

No comments:
Post a Comment